Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Approaching the Weekend

I decided that the only positive way to proceed was to approach the weekend with forward momentum.

So this is how it went:

There was lots of weeding while listening to a new audiobook : This Must Be The Place by Maggie O'Farrell, review here


I cast on a new sweater:  True Friend by Veera Välimäki using lovely lovely yarn from The Wool Kitchen
You should check out her shop on Etsy  - I caught the update on Friday evening at 8pm... woo hoo!

I selected a pretty new cloud of fibre from the stash to start spinning for a new shawl project:  Spindrift by Helen Stewart.


I also signed up for the same designer's Shawl Society:  6 months of new patterns, one a month, promising
  • Close-knit camaraderie
  • Dreaming
  • The particular glow you get from a really good secret :)
I also allowed myself to be seduced by an unexpectedly thrilling new pattern on Ravelry, the P-Rex, even though I have not yet learned how to knit brioche.
Call it aspirational.
P-Rex by Sosu Knits
I reassessed the stash to permit the knitting of said pattern asap...  and I managed the cast on i-cord but the rest will have to wait until after my brioche lesson (4 June!).


So much yarny goodness!


3 comments:

  1. i LOVE that rainbow and navy yarn! off to stalk her etsy shop. and then i am going to google brioche knitting as i have never heard of it. see, you are good for me (learning new stuff) and bad for me (making me shop etsy) in one post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the p-rex its perfect! Do share tips on your class, I'm going to hunt out a knitting class down here - once I've finished my quilt that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty, scrumptious woolly projects! Hope the weekend was a good one and that this upcoming one is good as well :-). Falling under the spell of nostalgia seems understandable, as does the desire to go an entire weekend without doing so. Here's to some yarny delight! Much love to you, Jessica

    ReplyDelete