Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Fully Paid Up Member

Greetings from the frozen North!
It is undeniably winter here.

It was my birthday on Sunday, and that is usually the point of transition - a few inches of snow is normal.  No snow yet, but it is cold enough.
See how I slipped that in?
Yup.  52, thanks.
First birthday on my own.
I am a fully paid up member of the Skinny Singles Club.
NB The only kind of singles club I am interested in, thanks.

On Friday I went to the theatre on my own to see Rent.

That was harrowing, but worthwhile.
And such a treat to be part of a diverse audience.  It didn't feel like Aberdeen... until I heard the mutterings at the interval from the more traditional parts of the audience.  "Well... the singing is good!"
Sigh.  Yes, it was, but that's not the point, people.

On Saturday I treated myself to a class in Two Handed Colourwork with Karie Westermann at Fluph in Dundee.  I have new skillz!  Including the elusive Old Norwegian cast on - go me!

And I bought a couple of books.
Knitting from the North and Yarnitecture
And some bargainous Gotland DK.


On Sunday I met a work colleague for coffee in the city.
Crikey - a social life!

And then got back to my two-handed colourwork, before I forgot how to do it.
Barley Hat from Knitting from the North
So far I have not been caught singing Hamilton at my desk.
Which is strange, considering I have it playing in my earbuds most of the day.
I am thinking of knitting the hat.
I have also been listening to the audiobook.
Obsessed.

And I have been reading an actual hardback novel, The Lesser Bohemians by Eimear McBride.
Which is a very Roo sort of book indeed.

I am still ablaze with energy.
If this is the menopause, I love it.
TMI Roo.
:)



7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. Oh, there's a Hamilton hat? Absolutely perfect. I find I can't listen to Hamilton in my classroom even after the kids have gone home. I just get too distracted & wrapped up in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Happy Returns!
    Loved the links - I live too far away to see Rent but I'm going to order Lesser Bohemians. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Your comment about the audience made me laugh. I'm from a small country town and know *exactly* what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated happy birthday Roo, glad you had a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Sounds like some lovely treats all around :-). Here's to a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Im glad you enjoyed the class, Karina is all kinds of awesome!

    ReplyDelete