Thursday, 15 December 2016

Advent-ures: Number Fifteen, The Inheritance


I thought I was being so clever - but you will have to go to YouTube to watch it:  HERE

I found out just yesterday that The Inheritance, an incredibly low-budget Scottish road movie is available on dvd.
Yes, of course I ordered a copy.

I have waited since 2007 to see it.
Longed to see it.

They filmed it over only 11 days in February 2007.
And we were there, on Skye, my man and me.
I lost count of the number of times FL and I drove or walked through the shot.

Will I see him?  Us?  In the last holiday of full health, before his diagnosis?

Just watching the trailer gives me goosebumps, because the moment when the camper van pulls out into a dark street?
We were there.
Then.
I can touch the moment.



There is an interview with Tom Hardy here, describing the making of the film.

And his scene is here.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting. That will be some inheritance!

    I fell out of regular blog reading for a while but am now remembering what I missed. Particularly enjoying your advent-ures. I often mean to comment but struggle to find the words. I know experiences of grief are individual (and I imagine you only exhibit a part here) but I admire your bravery. I feel as if I'm quietly treading water - waiting to feel like making some of the sort of changes you describe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... And I have fallen out of regular writing too! Yes, there is a lot left unwritten. And I don't feel brave at all.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your kind words on hoing gently

    ReplyDelete