Monday, 27 February 2017

Stealth Mission


Sidles in with a shifty expression, looking from left to right and left again...

So I am back.
Grab a cup of tea.

For those of you who don't know, my blog identity became known in the workplace and I took fright.
I felt exposed and vulnerable and more than a little scared that I had written something compromising, so I pulled down the blog.

But over the weekend, I decided that this newly strong woman does not give in that easily.
Actually, I have always been careful not to write anything negative about my employer.  And increasingly, now that I have the mental space to commit to it, I find that I love my job.
Are you hearing that, oh naysayers?
I love my job.
Spooky.

So here I am.


I have had a month away from the blog.
In that time, I have been to the gym 6 days a week and dance-based exercise classes 3 times a week.
I am eating well and I have dropped a dress size.  (I have no plans to get any thinner, thanks.)

I cancelled two planned trips away because I realised that I am not that person anymore.
I need to find new places to go, new things to do, new friendships that speak to me about the person I am today, the person I want to be tomorrow, next year.

I have stopped wearing my rings and I am quietly signing myself "Ms".
I am alone but I refuse to be lonely.

It's going to be just fine.
Woman Up Roo!


Oh - and don't worry - I still knit socks!

33 comments:

  1. Good for you Roo. Glad to hear you are feeling well in all ways and enjoying and embracing life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy to see you back! In your absence your blog described itself as "invitation only" and it made me feel very sad, having followed you for such a long time. I'm not a big commenter - introvert in real life, introvert online - and it made me feel(in a paranoid sort of way) that I'd done something to offend. So I'm making the effort now to comment and let you know that you and your blog are much valued and I'm delighted to know how well you are doing. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. These were my thoughts too!

      Delete
  3. Welcome back. Like blue hands I too initially thought I had offended or didn't fit in with your new life. Obviously I was being paranoid ☺ Bloomin envious of your exercise commitment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Roo - you've been missed! I too will start commenting here and there because well; you're my hero. The knitting is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're back! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huzzah! I've always appreciated everything you've shared--crafts, thoughts, experiences. Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see you posting again! I follow you on IG but I like reading your posts and hearing more about how you're getting on. Keep posting as long as it makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very glad to see you back Roo. Well done on the exercise, the knitting and finding the new you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great, glad you're back. Enjoy your writing... and definitely your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like blue hands, I was dismayed to find your blog was invitation only. Delighted you're accessible again, and glad that you are moving ahead so positively. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, for one, am glad to see the blog back and I don't mind if it's NewRoo or OldRoo! Can't manage the Instagram instead of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're back. I enjoy your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Helllllllooooo, welcome back, you have been missed 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see you back- I've really missed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back I missed your posts

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so good to hear your lovely "voice" again, you have been missed. Glad that your retreat was only a temporary one. Here's to the next chapter of your life. X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Phew! I'm so glad to be able to read your writings again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a relief! I love your sewing and knitting stories although I first read you blog as the wife of a myeloma " sufferer", We don't see it as suffering though as after 7 years he is still quite busy at 76 and only retired a year ago. We travel and enjoy life between treatments. Roo, I so admire your attitude and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thrilled you are back.☺

    ReplyDelete
  23. So so glad you are back. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you're back Roo! X

    ReplyDelete