Tuesday, 18 April 2017

Nuart Aberdeen: Taking it to the Streets

This past weekend saw the grey city turn a little more colourful, with the first ever Nuart Aberdeen Festival.

The Girl observed that she had never seen any street art in the city and I realised she was right.


You are  not in Walthamstow anymore, Roo!

On Saturday we went to the UK premiere of Saving Banksy.
Predictably, the event was sold out, because everyone has heard of Banksy.

On Sunday, with The Girl back on the train to London, I went to a showing of Beautiful Losers, preceded by the world premiere of Axel Void's short film "Play".
Aside from the crew of the Nuart Festival, there was only a handful of people in the audience.
It was utterly inspiring.
I came out of the cinema burning with creative fire.
Wonderful!

I wandered the streets with my map of the street art installations.
There is hope for this place.



Look closely, people!

On Monday I had the day off work and I settled down with my paintbox.

The tattoo I do not own reads "Very Very Circus".

I might settle for embroidering it on my shirt sleeve.



4 comments:

  1. enjoyable post - thank you!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Roo, what beautiful paintings! You are super talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roo! Is there anything you're NOT good at? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful energy rush :) Stunning and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete