Thursday, 26 January 2017

Skinny Single Knitster

My knitting has taken a slight nose-dive.

For some reason I am obsessively compulsively exercise-focused at the moment,which involves getting up at 5.30 am to be at the gym by 7 and at my desk by 8.
Even though I don't actually have to be there until 9am.
Insert here:  quizzical expression at my own reflection in the mirror.
Add a raised eyebrow for good measure.

Two evenings a week I am at Jazzercise.
I am asleep by 10 pm.
And on Saturday mornings I am at Sh'bam, which is the happiest hour of my week.
True story!

That's a lot of lost knitting time!


So having whizzed through my first Swedish sock:  the Fladerblom from the Tantulltussockor book, sock two is not even cast on.
I'll get to it.
I certainly want to wear the pair!


At the start of January, I threw myself headlong into casting on the Shusui Shrug, using Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles in Twinkle Toes (a speckle-tastic club colourway) and Skinny Dip (mint green), set against fluffy grey Guthrie Gotland two-ply from Hooligan Yarns.


I bashed my way through the first ten repeats without blinking... and then it all went a bit pear-shaped and I started making mistakes.
I can't even seem to count the stitches between markers without getting it wrong.
23 is not such a difficult number to count is it?
Apparently it is beyond me right now.

And meanwhile, the second mailing of the Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles club has arrived.
OMG!
I loved the first pair of skeins and had to cast on straightaway - witness the Shusui Shrug above.
But the second set is beyond-my-vocabulary-gorgeous!
Just... wow.
I can't show you a picture as club members overseas won't have received their parcels yet.
Hand on heart, this is the most successful Yarn Club decision I have ever made.

Takumi
I don't have a clear plan for these skeins yet... but there is a twinkling of an inkling in the back of my mind that I would like to make myself a stripey ballet-wrap-style cardigan.
Something like East London Knits' Takumi?
With more Guthrie gotland?
Oh yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment