Friday, 28 July 2017

Sock Circus

Just a quick post to say:  I am still without phone or internet.  All that my provider can tell me is that they haven't fixed it yet.
Thanks - I noticed.

I am currently addicted to knitting short socks for padding around the house / yoga / circus cooldown use.


This is the Rose City Rollers pattern (free on Ravelry).

My first pair used less than one 50g ball of KnitPicks Felici in the Punch Bug colour, with a mini skein of neon pink by Hand Dyed by Kate for a cuff, heel and toe.  The final toe was something orange from the scraps collection.


The second pair is straight from the scraps bin:  leftover Twisted Limone self striping in the Poppyfield colourway, with something unknown, purple and sparkly for the first heel and toe and grey sparkly Knitting Goddess sock yarn for the second.

These are so quick to knit and surprisingly practical - they don't slip off my feet in wear, but are easily removed if you have the sudden urge to jump on a trapeze :)

I am not sure when I will next be able to post.

I am "on holiday" for two weeks from tonight.
I have lots of plans for: further house clearance activities, valuation of the farm, another trip to Hull (woo hoo!) and a visit from The Girl (yay!)

There will be knitting.
And I have a new audio book:  Queen of the Air, a true story of love and tragedy at the circus
What else would I listen to?!
Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Fab socks.
    Enjoy your holiday and your visit to the city of culture. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time. Have been very much enjoying watching your new adventures from the sidelines, metaphorically speaking. (Any advice on house clearing welcome.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great socks; low socks so comfy even in summer! Enjoy your work and digital break. And don't you just love it when phone folks state the obvious:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the socks! I must learn to knit socks... Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoy reading your posts! Have a wonderful holiday...
    Good wishes from wintry Australia....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you can't beat a pair of rainbow socks! They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete